Monday, December 10, 2012

A Day in London


A Day In London
After a rough week both mentally and physically I needed a break. My work was nowhere near to being done but that didn’t matter. One more day of me locked up in my room or working away in the library and I would have screamed. I need a day off, and what better way to relieve stress than to go spend way to much money on clothes?
So I hopped on the x90 with Collier and off we went to London with the intention to get some really cute clothes.
Gossiping on the way there about boys and where we were going to shop the coach stopped in London at Marble arch in almost a blink of an eye.
Driving in was wonderful. London is so beautiful, but driving up Oxford Street was exciting. Lined with department stores of the best shopping I was in heaven, my nose pressed against the glass.
Getting off the coach we immediately went down to the subway to get a day pass and then make our way to Bond Street.
We walked into the perfume shop. I can’t remember the name due to a bad memory but it was beautiful. This very little place filled with really expensive sents. I was almost talked into buy a 35 pound bottle! (Like honestly I was so close) Assuring the pushy sales lady that I was going to come back we made our way to Victoria’s Secret.
This was the Victoria’s Secret to put all others to shame. Four stories high and filled to the brim with just the most beautiful bras imaginable I just want to buy everything. I almost did to be honest, but I don’t think I would ever forgive myself if I spent 85 pounds on a bra…. No matter how much lace or sparkles it had.
Moving on we got back on the tube and made our way to Harrods. Both of us hungry we decided that lunch would be a first priority. Well until we passed by H&M. Rumbiling stomachs aside, this was shopping, what we had come to London for. Walking in I was in heaven, grabbing practically every piece of clothing I store two stories of that store apart. Venturing into the changing rooms I ended up walking out with a green dress (that makes my eyes literally pop) and a maroon lose fitting top. Collier, having been done for a while was getting impatient and hungry so I quickly grabbed a pair of leggings and tights and headed to the check out. Walking away I was pretty please with myself, I was worried I was going to spend about a hundred pounds rather than the forty that I ended up spending.
Keeping our eyes pealed for a place to eat while walking to Harrods we gave up and surrendered to the fact that we would have to find a place once we got into Harrods.
It was a mad house, people everywhere, pushing and just running into each other it was awful. Making our way to the second floor in hopes of finding a place to eat we found a directory that said there was a pizza shop on the third floor. We searched around Harrods for a good 40 minutes before we finally found this pizza place. And it’s not like we didn’t ask for directions. We asked three different people. I think you just can’t have a goal of what you want to find in Harrods, you just have to wander and hope that you run into something you like.
Feeling reenergised after eating our fill of pizza we continued to wander around. Honestly the place was so packed I couldn’t even tell you what I saw.
Tired out and desperate to make Justin’s chorus concert we walked over to the X90 stop. But due to the fact that is was rush hour the coach was a good 20 minutes late, completely destroying the thought of actually making the concert on time. Finally the coach got there and we got on and both of us promptly fell asleep, exhausted from our day of shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment