Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WEDNESDAY


Walking up Wednesday morning with an itching throat and two papers due the next day, I knew that I wouldn’t be doing anything exciting throughout the entire day. Making myself an extra strong cup of coffee I sat down at my desk, papers and books still scattered about, barely leaving room for my computer to sit. The previous night I had sent the rough drafts of both papers to my friend Camryn to help me edit. Reading over her notes I ended up applying most of what she said. Grammar has never been my strongest subject and most of her comments revolved around that. There ended up only being a few places where the content of my critical analysis of Andre Breton’s text What is surrealism? and my image analysis of Salvador Dali’s painting Metamorphosis of Narcissus. Appling Camryn’s notes I knew I still had a lot of work to do but my stomach was grumbiling and my brain was a little overworked. Getting up I went into the kitchen and made my signature caprese sandwich (mozerella cheese, tomatoes, balsamic vinger, salt in between two slices of bread). My stomach full I hopped in the shower and got myself ready for the day. Well presentable enough to go to the library. Packing up my stuff I took the cold ten minute walk up Pullen’s Lane to the main campus.
While in the library I guess everyone decided that then was the time to call me because about an hour into my work my phone goes off (yes, I forgot to put it on silent) it was John asking me if he could eat some of my cauliflower, why he couldn’t text that question is beyond me. Only a short while later my aunt called me showing her sympathy due to my lost credit card and offering to come over the next day and give some cash until I am able to acquire a replacement. Looking around the library I could see the disgruntled faces of my piers. Sorry, but a phone call is a phone call.
An hour before six I figured it was time for another break and some dinner before Dr. Forsyth’s class so I went back to my flat, ate and then headed over where he spent the lecture talking about the architecture of England. Pretty interesting stuff actually.
After the lecture was done I headed back to the library and didn’t end up leaving till I was completely finished with my two papers. Walking back, my papers printed, the cold three in the morning air I went and dropped of my completed papers in my professors box and head back to my room, excited for bed and my brain completely dead (hey, that rymed!).




No comments:

Post a Comment